Search

How to use Boom Cards in your classroom

 

how to use boom cards in your classroom

As I told you in my previous post, I started using Boom Learning during the Covid quarantine and it was the discovery of the year! At first I used Boom Cards for remote learning but there are plenty of different ways to use Boom Cards with your class.


FOR DISTANCE LEARNING

Boom Cards are a great resource for distance learning. Teachers can assign the activities and send them to the students. Boom Cards give students instant feedback on their answers. These cards were a godsend when teachers started to teach remotely.


AS A WHOLE CLASS ACTIVITY

I use Boom Cards as a whole group activity. I present the game on my interactive whiteboard and it’s a perfect warm-up activity. Also, I use these games as a previous iPad Center activity. I like to play the Boom Cards Games with my students before I allow them to play on their own during learning centers time. When they have to play Boom Decks by themselves, they know how to do it correctly because we have already played it as a group previously. 
Click here to enjoy one of the free Boom Cards I use to teach alphabet recognition!

AS A LITERACY OR MATH CENTER


Boom Cards are my center activities. I use Boom Leaning for Math and Literacy (you have plenty of Boom Cards in Spanish in mystore) Boom Card games keep the children engaged and they can play without supervision! Moreover, I have set a student Boom Leaning account to keep students’ results because I like to check how they perform in the Boom Games tasks at the end of the day while I am working with other kids in small groups.

AS HOMEWORK

Boom Cards can be accessed at school and at home from any digital device making them perfect for homework. Moreover, Boom Learning allows teachers to assign tasks, so it makes it possible to determine the students’ levels and have your kids doing exactly what they need. During remote learning I send homework by sharing the Boom Learning fast pin and I engage my students to do their homework using QR codes. I prepare a QR Code to give to my students (if you are interested in knowing how I create QR Codes let me know and I will write a post about it). The difficulty of the task depends on the color of the QR Code and because of this I know how to differentiate my students’ activities. Kids love using QR Codes and they are always willing to get home and use the tablets or phone to open the code that has the Boom Card link to the Boom Deck they have to play as homework.


Absent Students
A good way for students to catch up on work they may have missed in class is through Boom Learning. I assign my absent students the Boom Card activities we have done in class for homework. Boom Cards are is also great for parents because they do not need a printer or need to worry about the materials their kids might have forgotten in class. Boom Cards allow parents to better understand what we do in the classroom.

All my best,
Ms. Herraiz

No hay comentarios

Publicar un comentario